Friday, November 20, 2015

Check out this great lifehack I have to get the most out of dining out!

I am a very thrifty shopper, and it is important to me that when I am eating out, I am getting the best deal possible.

Here is a great trick I use when visiting my favorite spots. In this case, I will use the restaurant Olive Garden.

Before going out to the restaurant, you will need to acquire a few things. You'll need a friend (who will wait in the car), a trash bag, an empty ring box, some shoe polish, and some nice clothing. 

When you get to the restaurant, ask for a table for two. Tell the waitress that you are waiting for a date with a girl that you met on OKCupid, and that if she doesn't show up, you will kill yourself. This will make the waitress feel nervous yet sympathetic, because she knows that you are one negative dining experience away from joining The Black Parade.

When you are seated, take your drink order (water, of course) and the waitress will bring over the breadstick basket. As many of you know, I am a huge Amiibo collector, sp take the breadsticks and empty them into the trash bag. Loudly exclaim "Yummy nummy stickies in my tummy" and pat your stomach as the waitress walks by.

She will likely say "my my, what a big boy you are" or something to that effect and bring over another basket. This part is key - you can probably dump about two more baskets into your trash bag before the waitress will get suspicious.

At this point, tell your friend to honk the horn. Yell out "oh wow, my date's here!" and go outside with the trash bag. Empty the trash bag of breadsticks into the backseat. Then, on your way back in the restaurant, go back to your table and start crying (using the water your ordered earlier).

The waitress will ask what's wrong, knowing your life is on the line. At this point, take out the empty ring box and tell her the woman was the love of your life. She will ask if there is anything she can do to make it better, and at this point, you should ask for more breadsticks. 

Fill up your bag three more times, and then go back outside, stating that you noticed someone slashing your tires and you will have to change it. Empty the bag, cover yourself in the shoe polish, to imitate grease, and come back, where you can fill your bag 3 more times and then empty it in the car, and drive the hell out of there without paying (breadsticks and water are free, of course). 

This will net you about 9 baskets full of breadsticks, and since you said there were two in your party, you will get 3 sticks per basket. That's a total of 27 breadsticks. You can use those to make sandwiches for the month.

I hope this helps someone! Happy dining!

No comments:

Post a Comment